Eclectic. Eccentric.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Occupy LA

So, after dragging m feet for little while I made it down to Occupy LA for the first time yesterday. I can honestly say that in my years of going to various protests and demonstrations that this is the most salient movement I've seen. When I was visiting it wasn't necessarily as impassioned with people marching and chanting, but it is more organized. The grounds were clean with tents designated for different needs. There was even a meditation tent. I appreciated that. I headed down to the media tent where the organizers looked a bit haggard from the days of reporting. I included my name on a list so they could contact me for content. I definitely think it'll b something I'll have to follo up on myself as they seemed stretched thin. I took a handful of picture while I was there. Pictures will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment