Eclectic. Eccentric.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

All I Want for Christmas is a Xoloitzcuintli


These are one of the most ancient dog breeds on record. They gave the Aztec's companionship. They were though to have healing powers... but also would be sacrificed sometimes. In some parts of rural Mexico their meat is still eaten due to the belief that it contains healing powers, Can't say I'm on board for that part, but nonetheless. A Xolo!

Xolo's are said to not be susceptible to disease due to their rich gene pool and have an incredible temperament. Loyal, lapdogs, moderately active, obedient, very intelligent, good with kids, and protective (something that I would look for in a dog).

I find them to have a regal appearance and actually prefer the hairless variety. Normally I don't care for hairless animals, so that's a change. 

I like that they are solid like a pit bull without being too stocky. Xolo's still have the graceful necks of a hound and a nicely shaped head.

If only, if only. 

Can't have a dog where I'm at right now. Maybe in a few years. I'll just have to hang tight until then.

Jewell

No comments:

Post a Comment